Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 5 - EIT Class

We spent a couple of hours this morning working on our project. We took a little break to talk about widgets. Widgets are mini applications that you can add to your blog. WidgetBox is a great website to find many widgets.

Dr. Zeitz suggested we join ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education). One of the benefits of the membership is you get a subscription to "Leading & Learning with Technology". This sounds like a great magazine.

Dr. Zeitz wants us to remember to "Live with Courage, Teach with Vision!"

E-Portifolios was briefly discussed. Theressa suggested that I do this as I go do not wait to the end :-). Thank you Theressa!

Becky & I finished our video this morning. You can find a link below to see our video:

After lunch, we started our presentations. The first presentation was about Digital Citizenship. This group did a wonderful job. What a wonderful resource for other teachers! I am always looking for ways to teach the kids about copyright. Many do not understand the rules that go along with copyright.

Our presentation went pretty good. Again our presentation was about Authentic Writing with Digital Tools. There are many things that we talked about within our group that can be integrated into what I do in my classroom.

The last presentation dealt with using Social Networking specifically Nings. Again something that will benefit tons of classrooms. I would love to get this going by fall for my classrooms.

A good day again but I am ready to go home and see my family.

No comments: