Friday, June 20, 2008

Reflection - EIT Class

If I could put the week in one word it would be WOW!! I learned so many things that I will be able to integrate into my curriculm that my students will enjoy but most importantly will learn.

The activity that I think will benefit my curriculum the most will be NING. I think there is so much that I can do for faculty, students & parents on this. Being able to invite parents to the NING so that they can be caught up on what we are doing, assignments, and when tests are will be a great advantage! Students will thoroughly enjoy the social networking and like I have said before I think that more student involvement will happen. Some students feel "Safe" when communicating online and I think it will allow them to have a voice in class discussions. Hopefully as I integrate this other teachers will take the "plunge" and do the same thing. Clipart courtsey of schools.clipart.com

I have one Mac computer in my room that is used once a year. But as I went through this class I was opened up to so many things that kids can do with iMovie & GarageBand. I am going to try to incorporate more projects and involve this computer in the process. I believe that I can check out Mac laptops also to help me out with availability.

Many of the things that we learned this week I will be able to incorporate into my classroom. Right now, the only one that I do not see helping my curriculum is Second Life. But I think in time as SL develops we will be able to integrate it into our curriculum.

No comments: