Saturday, June 14, 2008

Second Life Experience.....again!

WOW! I am just amazed how SL works. Again on Thursday night we met in 3 venues for my EIT class. We were in the chat room, MeBeam, & SL. As we met in SL we went to virtual Iowa. This was so weird to me. The guy who acutally made the world was there and he talked to us. We sat in chairs and listened to him. I am still confused on how this all works. Mr. Powers (I believe was his name) talked about the cost and hoping to increase tourism, etc. Is this real? I keep wondering if this is actually is his job? What a job! We also went to the Wild Rose dance club. Again mind blowing to me. They actually have streaming audio and live (so to say) bands playing!

After visiting Iowa, we went to a place to get free clothes. I got totally lost and then exited off the program. I am still amazed how this works.

I did learn that you have to be 18 to use SL. I am sure there are some freaks out there. So as I posted earlier, I wouldn't be able to use this at the high school level because seniors turn 18 at different times throughout the year.

No comments: