Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 3 - EIT Class



This morning we started class time to work in our groups! This was much appreciated. We needed time to work on our project: Authentic Writing with Digital Tools. I believe our project will help not only myself but all teachers wanting to integrate digital tools to their curricular area.

Theressa and Seth introduced the class to VoiceThread. They did a wonderful job showing us the capabilities of the program.



Below you will find the podcast that Becky & I put together.


Podcasts was the topic of discussion this afternoon. COOL, COOL, COOL! I recently purchased an iPOD and just love it. I have subscribed to a few podcasts, some education related, some personal interest. So, I was familiar with listening to Podcasts and using iTunes to find podcasts but we actually learned how to create them. We used Garage Band which is an application program used with Apple computers. Some of my students have played around with Garage Band in my room (I have one Apple computer) so I knew a little about it. I worked with Becky and she was a great partner. We had a lot of fun creating our podcast. The topic for our podcast that had to supplement our project was Examples of VoiceThreads used in Education. We posted our podcast using Podbean. Recording my voice made me nervous but as I did it, I felt better about it. Kids would absolutely love using podcasts for projects. I think I would be able to incorporate this into my Marketing class. Students could do this for our advertising unit and talk about how advertsiting affects us everyday.

Today was another very beneficial day. I am looking forward to looking at iMovie tommorrow. I have a little experience with it. There is also a chance that we may be taking a field trip! I will fill you in tommorrow.

No comments: